Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Homemade Feedbag -- My own recipe

Okay, so the term 'feedbag' sounds terrible. It's more like granola/trail mix (sortof).

Andrew has MANY food allergies and I can't just go to the store and buy snacks off the snack aisle. I have to purchase the whole food, organic type snacks which can get rather spendy. So I decided to make my own granola/trail mix/feedbag recipe. Here you go! :)

1 bag of Bob's Red Mill 5 grain oats
1 bag pecans
1 bag almonds
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag dried blueberries
1 bag dried cranberries
1 bag coconut
brown sugar
honey

**I make small portions at one time. So I buy all the ingredients and mix in portions every time I make it. **

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Take bag of pecans and almonds and chop in a food processor to make smaller bits. Mix with oats, brown sugar (to your liking - I used about 1/2 a cup). Put in flat casserole dish and drizzle completely with in the honey. For food allergies use local honey. (Honey that is made in the same or neighboring cities.)

Bake for 10 minutes until crispy.

Then take mixture and put in a large ziploc baggie and add remaining ingredients and mix well. Again, I don't mix all of it together at one time. It should make about 3-4 large servings.

This is really fun to make. You can add whatever you want. More nuts, fruits, chocolate, etc. This is really healthy and has nothing he's allergic to. :) Win/Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment