Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chicken Rice Cheesy Skillet

This is a recipe I found and modified and was REALLY good! I don't have a picture of it, but you can imagine what it will end up looking like. :)

This cooks up really quick and is under 30 minutes.

1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts grilled (I cook in oven for 350 degrees for 30 minutes and cut in cubes)
White rice cooked
1 cup of red onion chopped
1 cup of green bell pepper chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use Kraft Natural Cheese - no cornstarch)

After the rice and chicken is cooked I combine all ingredients except cheese in a skillet and grill together with the olive oil and cook on low to medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Just to let the flavors come together. Then I add cheese on top and cook for another 2 minutes. Just so cheese gets nice and melted.

Serve and enjoy!

You could definitely skip the cheese part and have a nice chinese type dish and add a little soy sauce if you wanted. :) Also you can substitute the white rice for brown for a healthier dish.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment