Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Recipe -- My own personal creation

Krysie's Italian Sausage w/bowtie pasta & veggies

1 lb. Italian Sausage (preferably ground -- if not you will have to remove from the links)
1 package Farfalle or Bowtie Pasta (I use brown rice pasta)
1 red onion
2 green bell peppers (I like it colorful so I will use green, red and orange or yellow. Makes it pretty!)
1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce (my personal preference is Muir Glen Organic)


Cook pasta as directed on box. I usually boil for 13-15 minutes with sea salt. Drain.

Brown the ground Italian Sausage. Drain.

Cut up vegetables. I prefer slightly bigger chunks, but cut how you like them. They are in there for flavor and texture and veggies are good for you! At least my mom always said so.

In large skillet combine all ingredients with the tomato sauce. Add sauce in slow because you don't want to drench it in sauce. You just want it for flavor. When I make spaghetti I load it up with sauce, but not this recipe. Cook on Med heat covered for 10-15 minutes.

Let cool for a couple minutes, sprinkle with parmesan cheese (if you like it) then Enjoy! :)

Picture doesn't really do it justice...but you can see the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment